About This Project
eCornell is Cornell University’s online learning unit responsible for developing and delivering non-degree certificates for working professionals. They had a legacy Flash-based simulation app that needed to be updated and redeveloped with responsive modern web technologies. The college also needed to modernize the user interface and interactions in order to create a clear, intuitive, and more engaging experience for students.
My role as a Senior UX Designer was to work with the eCornell’s product team to create the visual design and structure that will be implemented into the application’s user experience.
Project deliverables included:
- Low fidelity Level design/User interface design wireframes showing the proposed layout edits and interactive elements
- High fidelity mockups for each of the complex types of pages used in the simulation with all interface elements to be exported as css.
Project deliverables met the following criteria:
- The design integrates a large amount of data into a clear, intuitive, and logical user experience with strong learnability and usability
- The mockups are designed with responsiveness in mind
- The mockups include a color chart, fonts, icons, buttons, controls, data visualization, typography hierarchies, and sample images
- The graphic style depicted is cohesive between its different elements and adheres to Cornell style guidelines
- The graphic elements used in the application are intuitive and easily understood by eCornell’s students.